Tuesday, January 02, 2007

"How could the end be happy?
How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?
But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow.
Even darkness must pass.
A new day will come.
And when the sun shines,
it will shine out even clearer."

-The Two Towers-

---------------

First and foremost,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Secondly,

HAVE A MERRY AND JOYOUS NEW YEAR!

Well, that's it I guess. Oh right, I've forgotten

HARI RAYA HAJI!

Did everyone have a refreshing weekend? It was pretty long, isn't it? Sadly, it's all gonna end pretty soon and everyone will have the Wednesday blues. Don't frown, it's the new year. Be brave and smile.

Christmas this year, I would say - Oh wait, that's last year. Right. Christmas last year, I would say is one of the worse? Hmmm.. Perhaps that's a slight overstatement. I did receive one present. Yup! Just one. From a guy. He was really nice. He gave me home-made flowers, made by him of course, [He told me he went down to Bugis the entire week just to learn how to make them. O.O] a heart-shaped necklace kept in a heart-shaped box [I have no idea where he got them. It fit perfectly! Yet, he claimed that they did not come together. He's a genius!] and a winnie the pooh.

So many things. I see trouble brewing ahead. What's the deal for being so nice to me? Oh well, I shall not think about that now.

New year was perhaps, still okay. Played Mahjong till around 11:55pm. Counted down. Said Good-byes. Slept. That's all.

Christmas was spent on board the plane, so I don't see any sense in complaining about that since the trip was, all in all, a sunny-liciously sweet experience of a life time! Not only did I ride on my first roller coaster ride, I also managed to embark on my first trip to a country populated by 'whites', sat on my first backwards roller coaster ride, experienced my first earthquake, witnessed my first murder scene with blood and everything gore [Thank goodness they removed the body! It was equiped with CSI tape and all, but I guess it happens all the time over there], had a truly enjoyable time playing bridge and big 2 on the long bus journeys, and stuffed myself with hot dogs, chicken, and everything western. Sweet!

Now, it's the new year. Time for some reflections? Hmmm.. This year, I would say, ARGH! Wait a minute. It's last year! Okay. Last year then. Last year was populated by many 'firsts' Had lots of first time experience last year, but most of it, I shall not specify. Some of you would know, that is, if you still bother dropping by.

As you might have noticed, I had lots of firsts during the trip too hence, I shall not categorise them.

Good firsts: First 'A' in my entire JC life. First time I went out with a guy. First time I went to Sentosa more than once. First time I went to Orchard more than 5 times, First time I studied. First time I actually headed to the library to study. First time I wore a sweater to the movies. First time I celebrated my b'day with someone else other than my 6 friends. First time I spoke on the phone for more than 15 minutes. First time I went to a chalet. [Still not allowed to stay over though.] First time a guy ever got me anything.

Bad firsts: First time I felt so sad in my whole entire life. [Hopefully, the last. I really want this whole thing to end.] First time 2 guys confessed! [Truly mind-boggling. I'm still thinking of what to do with one, but I think he'll forget me once school starts, so that shouldn't be a problem.] First time I went out with a guy. [Hmmm.. A good first and a bad one. I don't know. I don't quite like guys right now.]

After thinking, I realised nearly all my bad firsts have to with guys, so I don't think it is worth mentioning.

Yup! New year, new hopes.
A bright year is awaiting!
Cherish this new opportunity everyone!!

--------------

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king."

-The Two Towers-

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home