Sunday, January 28, 2007

"It is the evening of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Smiling faces I can see
But not for me
I sit and watch
As tears go by"

-As Tears Go By-

---------------

SINGAPORE WON!! YES!
CONGRATS LIONS!!


For a moment there, everyone's heart plummeted when Malaysia scored first. Looks of dismay were written on each and every one's faces. However, the unspoken disappointment of the crowd did not deter everyone from cheering on. The kallang waves continued. The voice box of each spectator continued to work its wonder. Thankfully, heaven has it that Singapore does not bow down to pressure!! Soon enough, Singapore managed to equalize the match! Well done!

Penalties were a heart stopper! Especially the last one made by Singapore! We are so so lucky that the opponent's goalkeeper had butter fingers!! PHEW! That was a really close shave! More importantly, it was a superb catch by our very own goalkeeper too! Wonderful! The whole stadium erupted and jumped for joy! Screaming and shouting, waving the flag wildly in enthusiasm. No words can express how they felt. Imagine the team's euphoria! Imagine Singapore's delight! What a long long match! YES! A well deserved win!

Looking at the scale of the crowd gathered at the National Stadium, it explains why there was a HUGE jam along the ECP express way! Nevertheless, I'm sure everyone gathered at the stadium will agree that it was a match worth watching! Sweet!

---------------

Everyday, we sit all day in the office. Eat, sit. Eat, sit. It really amazes me how office workers manage to maintain their slim and tender figures. Seriously! Everyone there is so so thin that you would think they would be blown by the wind. Yet, they sit and eat all day. Puzzling, indeed.
I really really feel like exercising! But all he wants to do is go to the gym. I hate the gym. It's tearfully boring in there. What fun can one ever derive from running on the spot? Even having PE lessons in TJ would be more enjoyable. PE lessons then were my favourite! It was the only time we could really sweat it out, without needing to exhaust our brain cells, inevitably killing some in the process. Oh, how i loved PE lessons. Of course, I hated it initially, but someone changed my perception. Though it lasted for only a short while (since i left TJ less than a year after) I still thank him!!

Right now, I'm craving for all sorts of things like a person highly deprived of entertainment. What a joke! I feel even more deprived than my schooling days! Let's see. Cycling, roller blading, badminton, squash, tennis, swimming.. They are all out of reach! ARGH!

Swimming is a fairly okay sport, I guess. You perspire without really noticing since you are in contact with water all the time. More importantly, the heat that overwhelms your body after a vigorous session does not compare to that when you run, cycle, or to think of it, any other sports! Furthermore, you keep fit AND enjoy at the same time!! Sweet!

I still remember when my parents stopped me from swimming. I was so so angry. And do you know when they stopped me from swimming? Just when I achieved something! Finally, I broke the one minute barrier and swam way below that! Atlas, happiness is ALWAYS shortlived. Oh, how I hated them. Really. I rebelled against them like nothing you've seen before. I guess I was a pretty handful then. And still am, mind you. I'm not some sweety pie that listens to them all the time.

I hated swimming then. It's something that was way out of my reach. I hated my parents. They took away my ONE AND ONLY thing that I was fairly good at. Then again, maybe it wasn't a talent, but just something i enjoyed. Whichever the case, I distest swimmers. They have things which I will not have. It was a serious case of jealousy. I still hate them. I still avoid swimming. It's like everything was within my grasp and it slipped away just like that! GONE!

Maybe I'll train again. There's a whole list of things waiting for me after I leave this dreadful job. But first, I must break the one minute barrier all over again. Sigh.

---------------

It's been a boring week! It's like, there's so much I want to do, yet I can't. Even at work, there's so much for me to do, yet at the same time, there isn't anything for me to do! Weird isn't it? I'm seriously bored to tears.
The weekend rambled past in a flash! Soon, it'll be Monday again.
Sad Sad SAD!!
But, it's okay. Without Monday, there won't be Fridays. Another week to look forward to!!
Please, please, please.
Friday!! I'm waiting for you again!!

---------------

"My riches cant buy everything
I want to hear the children sing
All I hear is the sound
Of rain falling on the ground
I sit and watch
As tears go by"


-As Tears Go By-

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home