Saturday, January 20, 2007

"One. Just one.
I'll only allow one boy into my entire life.
If it doesn't work out, then too bad.
Being single is just so much more exciting.
I do not believe in love anyway.
It exists only in fairy tales."

-Faith-

---------------

"Everyone, I'm locking the front door! Quick, if you want to leave now, better leave now!"

She jumped in her seat as the lady walked down the aisle, twirling the keys around her fingers. She smiled at the lady, not comprehending what the lady was going on about. The lady continued shouting the same message over and over, walking up and down the aisle. However, engrossed in her work, the lady soon faded into the background. She did not even dedicate a single thought to the lady. After all, it was not rare to hear people shouting across. Although on most occassion, the entire office is silent except from the rattling of the keyboards and the incessant ringing of the phones.

No longer than 5 minutes later, she realised that it was time to knock off! YES! Finally. Tomorrow shall be friday! She has waited for that day since FOREVER! Okay, maybe it wasn't forever, but it FELT like forever. Gosh! She quickly saved all her files, and started packing up as the computer shut down. In a jiffy, she was more than ready to leave.

"Clara!"

She stopped and turned to her mentor.

"I think the lady locked the front door already. You all might have to encircle the building to another lift, if i'm not wrong. Wait, I'll check to see if the doors are indeed locked."

2 minutes later, her mentor was back smiling broadly.

"You guys are in luck! The doors are not locked yet, better leave before they are locked!"

She popped into the next cubicle and gave a pat on her friend's shoulders. Like her, her friend started work on the same day, and they got along pretty well probably due to the age similarity. Her friend turned and smiled.

"Ready? Okay, give me a second!" she started packing up and soon, like her, she was ready!

Without hesitating, they said their good byes and the both of them hurried towards the lifts.

"Wah! They close up so early here," her friend commented.

She nodded. "Yeah! And yet they make us work till so late! I seriously think 7 is super late!"

Her friend nodded, agreeing with her. Upon reaching the ground floor, they realised that the front door of the building was locked AGAIN. Thus, they proceeded to the side door leading to the emergency stairs and left via that passageway.

Outside, they saw a guy leaning against a car, probably waitinf for someone. Funny, they have never seen anyone waiting for anyone before. This was a first. They were chatting happily about the day's work when suddenly both of stopped and stared. The gate was locked! It was like, HUH? Question marks literally appeared above their heads. Not really believing what they were seeing, they saddled up towards the gate and rattled the locks.

It was locked, alright. People from the bus stop on the other side of the gate were starting to stare at them.

"Erm, erm.. How do we get out?"

They were stumped. How the heck do they get out of the compound?

"Er.. I think let's just walk down the road here, maybe there's another exit."

Shrugging, the both of them made their way around the building.

"Oh my goodness! Didn't we leave the bulding from there?" she said, pointing at the emergency stairs' door. "I remember that guy!"

This is so embarssing. They encircled the entire building without realising it. They felt so foolish.

"Oh yeah! Never mind. Let's pretend that we planned all this," her friend said, trying hard not to look at that guy.

Quickly, they left via the car exit, laughing at themselves at the same time. This is stupid. They had to walk round the building AGAIN to get to the bus stop. ARGH!

---------------

If my nose doesn't get unstucked by the end of next week, i will start self medicating! It's really frustrating, not being able to breathe in fresh air. Curses! I can't even sleep properly! It's not those runny nose nonsense. Nope, it isn't. It's just stucked. Blocked. I don't know how you call it. It's like there's this pressure in my nose that blocks the entire passage, but YET there's nothing in there. So weird. What lousy luck I have.

Finally, my dad decided to apply medicine onto my wound. It looks raw and wet and bloody. It's like... EEEEwww. Real disgusting, if you ask me. It's like someone skinned it alive or something. It really looks gooey, as though its still bleeding, but yet it's not like those thick blood. It's just well, raw.

---------------

I realised I'm old! Sad. Sad. Sad. I miss so many things!! How can I not? School was so much fun. I think I prefer teaching to working. You earn more too!

Maths. Maybe I shall teach maths. I miss those days where everyone would ask me questions! The feeling was just so nice. It's like, just 30 minutes before the paper, there will still be people appearing all frantic in front of me, asking me to solve the question on the spot. For once, I feel as though at least I'm still useful in some ways. Now? I feel useless. It's like, all of a sudden, I have become some useless piece of junk. It's pathetic!

Should I rejoice that no longer will there be people calling me at 1 am in the morning to ask me maths? I have no idea. Perhaps I would rather people call me at 1 am, and revert back to schooling rather than start work. Work is just too boring and mundane. The hours are seriously too long. Imagine. I wake at 6:45. Thereafter, it's work all the way till 9 at night! It's as good as NO LIFE!

I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!!

---------------

"What's a secret?
A secret is only a secret when only you yourself knows it.
So why do you insist me on telling a secret?
It wouldn't be a secret anymore then, would it?"

-Faith-

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home