Tuesday, November 13, 2007

“Let your light shine before men
in such a way that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”


-Matthew 5:16-

--------------


Clara.
Meaning: Shining light.

Every time I enter my room, there’ll be this small little plague hanging beside my white board. On it will be my name, and below it will be this little quote, as written above. It serves to remind me that I am useful. Not stupid and useless. Not a hindrance or an eyesore, but in fact serving a purpose in God’s plans. I like my name.

I love Him more.

Of course, I love my parents and my brother and all my relatives too. Not forgetting all the friends that I am blessed with. How can I ever forget them?

It’s funny really. Whenever I think of Him, my feeling of hopelessness dwindles. It’s like the thought of Him actually makes me believe that there is hope. Actually, don’t you think that God exists for the simple reason of bringing hope to people? God makes people believe that miracles DO happen; that nothing is impossible; that anything and everything is possible as long as you work hard and believe in it.

Anyhow, jiayou!! Exams are coming... This time, I cannot screw up! This time, I cannot make such a blunder!! This time, I must mug mug mug!!!

God, grant me this strength to believe and not lose hope! Bless all my friends with the determination and perseverance so that they study without feeling restless or sad! Relive their stress, and put a smile on their faces!!

Amen.

-------------


This year’s piano recital was... a test of our sight reading skills. Haha! Seriously, I would say that we sight read the score all the way, and I guess we weren’t that bad. After tonight, I can guarantee that Clarence’s sight reading will not fail in his consequent exams!

Just kidding, I’m not really that sure, but I’m quite proud of the both of us!! Although our fingers were shivering and shaking incessantly, coupled with cold sweat tickling down our backs, we still ploughed on, trying our best to hit the right notes equipped with the right rhythm. Of course, the Arctic conditions of the place did not help matters either. Sad!! All in all, it was a disappointment. Totally.

Despite everything, I think we had fun, which should be our main priority!! Our next goal: Christmas!! This time, I assure you. We WILL practise!!

--------------


Right, I just got back from an outing with the other Avada Kedavrians. Not surprisingly, maple was the hot topic. Haha! It was like we were reminiscing our past or something. Everyone complained that they were old, and laughed at how lifeless they were then, being able to sit in front of the computer and train till like 100 +++ levels without acquiring third job skills! Whoah! What an achievement it was then!

We started talking about how we got to know each other despite our diverse background – with maple as our only link and yet, we became friends for so long. It’s been at least 2 years!! It’s amazing, isn’t it? I can’t imagine what life would have been if I had not touched maple. I think my life would be worse than the wreck it is now.

It was only till after dinner that I realise that I was the only female in the group. Haha. So expected. There are so few females that actually game. That’s okay I guess. At least my brother is there, so I don’t feel so weird. Then again, NS was like the main topic of the day. Seeing that I have not been through it, and a high possibility that I won’t go through it, it was rather interesting. However, on the account that I have heard the same things over and over again, being constantly reiterated by most of my course mates, it starts to get dry at some point in time. Still, some of the stories were refreshing.

I am so blessed to have so many nice and wonderful friends. Thank you, God!

Sometimes, I wonder if he is really like that or is he purposefully acting like that? I don’t know, and I don’t care anymore, but I do know that he changed me. For that, I thank him.

Alrighty, to all the A levels peeps, persevere on! The stars shall shine on you guys, and luck shall be showered upon you guys!!
To all Uni peeps! Mug on!! Don’t worry, ‘cause everything will turn out fine in the end. Smile, and sleep EARLY! Or at least have 8 hours of sleep per day. Don’t get too stressed out, and just do your very best, yeah? We can do it!
And, I believe that with God as our constant source of inspiration, anything is
possible.

Thank you, God, for all the things that you have granted upon us. I don’t mind giving some of the blessings bestowed onto me to all my friends and relatives, because truth be told, I don’t want your blessings to go to waste, and what’s more, when all my friends are smiling, it just makes me happy enough to live each day with just wide a smile.

So, please God, let them be happy and grant them the strength to put in their utmost efforts in all their endeavours.

Amen.

--------------

“Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”

-Galatians 6:9-

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home