Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Off with old, and on with the new!!"

--------------


Have a merry new year!!

2008 has been rather a trying year, but on retrospect, I would say that it was a good year. Although not everything went well, and there were its ups and downs, I have not regretted all the things that I have embarked on.

2009 will be even better!!

Tangible things I wanna achieve:

1. Get at least 3 As in one semester!! (Yeah, I know it sounds like all I care are grades, but I just wanna work towards this. It's important regardless how people say grades don't matter. When it comes to reality, grades DO matter no matter how otherwise people try to impress upon.)

2. To attempt dancing!! (Sounds silly, but this has been on my list for the past 12 years! Geez.)

3. Obtain my piano diploma!

4. Perfect my guitar skills?

5. Lose 3 kg? Haha!

Intangible things I wanna achieve:

1. Work on my relationship with friends. Spend more time with them. Share more.

2. Love more.

3. Be more considerate. Be more patient. Be more understanding.

4. Whine less. Dwell less in self-pity.

5. Work on my confidence level!! (It's now dreadfully low!!)

6. Make a difference in lives of others. Focus on others!! Not Me, Myself or I!

---------------


New year's eve was a rather eventful one.
In the afternoon, went for a secondary school gathering at one of my friend's house. It was somewhat awkward considering that most of us have not seen each other for like 4 years!! Hmmm.. wonder how it'll be like if it were another 4 years down the road and the girls are already woking!! Haha!!

Thereafter, went for a family dinner at my cousin's house. Yum yum!!

And then, at 10pm, we headed to my cousin's new apartment which is supposedly the highlight of the day!! My cousin's new apartment is situated right at the heart of the city at raffles place and the building has 69 storeys!! It was amazing!! My cousin's apartment is only on the 21st storey though, but nevertheless, the sight was wonderful!!



Nice view right? It faces the Marina Floating Platform!! Too bad my camera isn't that good!! But we did take a few amazing shots with dad's ultra wonderful camera!! Shall upload those pictures soon! You'll be able to note the difference!!





There were so many people!! I can't believe how people are willing to shove and squeeze their way through just to get a good view of the fireworks!! I guess the laugher shared simply erases all irritance and fosters stronger friendship! -envious-







And the fireworks!! Highlight of the night!! =)




And the HUGE crowd when the fireworks are over!!






Random pictures we took at the apartment!


Overall, we had to wait like nearly 40 minutes for the elevator since they had to serve like 69 floors? And being a festive season and all, equipped with fireworks and the gift of a picturesque view of the fireworks, everyone invited friends over!! Haha!! I totally do not regret though!

Have merry new year everyone!! =D

-------------

"Forget all defeats, forget all conflicts.
Forget all disappointments, and forget all victories."

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home