Monday, June 08, 2009

"2 more weeks!"

-------------


The weekend was fanta-bulous!!
Truly, it was.
Memorable.
Sweet.

Thanks a lot,
Darling

-----------


I just watched Slumdog Millionair with my mum, but she fell asleep halfway through. =.=
What struck me in the show was the way that it stirred so many memories within me. The images that flashed across the screen seriously brought back the sounds and smell of India. Everything the movie depicted was how I remembered.

From the business district, all the way down to the slums. Oh, and who can forget about Chai? I will never forget about Chai. Such beautiful memories. I remember on our last day there, our mentor told us to write a letter to ourselves. We could write anything - about what we have learnt here, about what we have seen here, about the wonderful night scenery; the shooting stars and the star adorned skies, about the kids; innocent yet not so at the same time, about the running about in the sand, bathing with well water, black outs in the middle of the night, freezing in the wee hours of the morning, etc. Thereafter, they collected our letters and told us that they would send it to our homes 6 months from then.

True enough, I received my letter during float. What a shock it was. I truly did not even remember about those letters. I'm amazed at the stuffs I wrote inside. It was truly amazing.

Whenever I head overseas, I really dread returning back to Singapore. WAs the same when I went to Sri Lanka, and it did not change when I was in India. It stunned me, when I realise that my team mates were eager to return to the society we live in as they missed the luxuries that we sometimes take for granted, and true, I do miss them, but I am more frightened and perhaps detestful of our society.

Receiving that letter really made me re-live such wonderful, such pure memories, and I realise that it is easy to forget stuffs in this fast paced and meritocratic society we live in - such that we forget our inner self; that we forget what we really wanted when we were a child.

Money is so important.
Made of paper, yet treasured by most.
It's ugly and disgusting, but yet having it also means an easier life, somehow.
And yes, money can't buy everything, but it sure can bring comfort and laughter in a sense. It's how you spend it that matters.

Yeah. Playing Sims should vividly potray that. Haha!

A love hate relationship with money.

-------------

"Love the weekend.
Fanta-bulous!"

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home