Friday, July 09, 2010

Yeah Yeah, I know I'm spamming my own blog, but I feel so out of sorts I just have to ramble about some random stuffs.

After watching like 7 scary movies at one go, you'll realise that certain scare tactics are the same, and usually once that kicks in, only the shock tactics work. Maybe that's why most western movies go for the shock and horror strategy rather than the purely scare strategy.

Similarly, after watching Ring 1, 2, 3, 4, Sadako no longer seem scary too!! And she's so pretty - except for the way she walks. Her life story is really interesting though. At long last, I've watched finished the entire series.

Silent hill is a wonderful movie! I can't believe that it's an adaptation of a computer game!! Of course, I can't comment whether it's a good adaptation or not since I've not played the game before, but I kinda liked the movie, partly because it was a good break after Ring 1, 2, 3, 4. Haha. The plot was interesting, with much freedom for our brains to explore the various possibilities. Then again, the ending could be seen as a little lame in certain viewer's point of view, but I thought it was reasonable, though maybe a little overboard.

Korean ghost stories rocks! Like seriously. Their plots are always fresh and interesting, unlike those western ones. Is it because they produce relative less ghost stories as compared to that of the western ones? Somehow, I feel that they better portray their message, and the movie is not focused on the scary, but rather on the plot. Kudos to them, and though they did not focus on the scary, their movies are still scary nonetheless!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home