Sunday, May 01, 2011

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow"


-Yellow by Coldplay-

-------------


On the last week of school, on week 13 of the academic calender, I just performed for the last time at UCC theatre. In my 4 years at NUS, there was never a year where I did not stood on that stage. Every year, be it for concert, or for dance, I will always end up back there - standing on stage as the glaring lights from above shone down on me. Atlas, the day has come where I see the last.

April 14th - The last time that I was ever going to stand on those stage; glancing out at the audience; always hoping to see a familar face, yet scared at the same time that the sense of euphoria will cause me to fumble and miss my cue.

It was a bittersweet moment. Bitter for I knew I had to STUDY! (It was barely a week from my first paper?!?!) Sweet for I wanted to soak in the atmosphere as much as I could; the sense of exhilaration as I stood on stage, and the togetherness you feel as a team as the whole dance crew prepared for the performance together in the dressing room backstage, now that is irreplacable.

It's sad, but it's time to say goodbye.

In less than a week times, I'll be moving out from hall. This time, for good. Raffles hall - the place I spent the last 4 years, even more so than my house. It is the place where I shed those tears, where I shared those laughter, and the place where I forged unknown friendships.

I still recall the first day I arrived, tentatively expecting the worst since I have no idea who my room mate might be. To my surprise, my room mate turned out to be the sweetest girl that can ever exist on earth!

Time flies. We are nearing the end of our education phase, and proceeding onto the working phase. I hate this feeling of not knowing what is to come. All along, we'll always roughly know the path ahead - even if it hasn't been set in stone. Primary then secondary, then either poly or junior college. Even after that it's university. Now, I have no idea what is to come. Everything seems so bleak that it's worrying to say the least.

But right now, I still have one more paper!!! RAWR!! And then convocation to worry about.

I am so not looking forward to commencement right now.

I fervently wish time would stop.
NOW.
Pronto.

And let me have my wish of a happily ever after life.

--------------

"Loves baby so so much. The bestest baby ever!"

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home